Applicants should live within a 30 mile radius of the main School gate. There will generally be a need to board and the preferred entry age is 11+ but where necessary it may be at any age and could be for a day place.
Possible reasons that may demonstrate a need for the pastoral care and support in the stable, secure and structured environment offered by Cranleigh are as follows:
- The child has lost the support of one or both parents through exceptional or tragic circumstances.
- The child has lost the support of one or both parents as a result of physical or mental illness.
- The chronic mental or physical ill health of a sibling.
- The disability of a sibling of sufficient severity to affect the care and development of other children in the family.
- The abandonment or abuse of a child.
- An orphan with guardians (e.g. elderly grandparents) who are unable to cope on a day-to-day basis.
- An orphan with no guardian who may benefit from boarding rather than going into care.
The parents or guardians of candidates requesting a Foundation place will be required to undergo means testing via the full completion of financial circumstances forms.