Cranleigh School Shop is ideally situated within Cranleigh Senior School grounds.
The School Shop stocks every item of school uniform required for both Cranleigh Preparatory and Cranleigh School. In addition, the School Shop offers a limited range of sports equipment, accessories such as socks and tights and a limited selection of everyday branded toiletries including shower gels, shampoo, toothpaste etc for boys and girls.
During term time pupils can purchase items using ‘chits’ authorised by their House Matrons or Housemasters/Housemistresses. Purchases are then charged to the pupils’ accounts and itemised on the Fees bills at the end of each term. Pupils can also purchase any stationery requirements during the term which they sign for and are charged with any uniform purchases.
Christmas 2021 CLOSING & Re-opening Dates:
|Last working day||Wednesday 22 December 2021|
|Reopening||Tuesday 4 January 2022|
Our normal operating hours are:
|Weekdays||8.30am – 5.00pm (Lunch 11.55am – 12.25pm)|
|Saturdays (term time only)||Currently Closed (Start of term – First 2 Saturdays 8.30am – 12.00 noon) *|
* The school shop is closed on weekends and Bank Holidays during holidays and Long Leave periods
Parents are able to purchase top up items for pupils attending the Prep School or Senior School and request the items to be delivered:
- via tracked post and orders should be received within 7 working days assuming items are in stock
- directly to their child through the boarding houses term time only
- for Prep School pupils – a collection service is available at the CPS Front Foyer Monday to Friday
Christmas 2021 Orders – orders to arrive before Christmas must be placed by Thursday 9 December 2021
Some bespoke clothing items are not available e.g. blazers, skirts, tunics, dresses as these require a fitting by our experienced and helpful staff.
Full fittings for new pupils starting at Cranleigh are not available online as this is a personal service and therefore any appointments must be made in advance. Further information for new pupils is detailed here.
The Online Shop also displays the 1865 Merchandise Collection
To celebrate the School’s 150th anniversary we have designed a commemorative range of merchandise and gifts featuring the anniversary logo, along with scenes and words from the history of Cranleigh. The range includes cufflinks, pens, leather-bound notebooks and umbrellas, all available to browse, select and purchase online.
We hope you enjoy the new online uniform service and 1865 Collection. Please click here to start shopping.
Online Appointment Booking System
The School Shop offers a full personal fitting service for all new pupils (Prep & Senior) during the school summer holidays, via an online appointment booking system. This will go live on Monday 10th May 2021.
The online booking system will be available between May 10th and October 1st.
To operate within Government guidelines around the spread of COVID-19 we are streamlining our appointment system. We will be focusing on appointments for new pupils and have launched an online shop for current pupils who need to top up with any uniform or sportswear.
Please read the below carefully as it outlines the arrangements for your fitting. We are here to help you and make it an enjoyable and welcoming experience. Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation with this:
- Parents requiring a fitting must make an appointment.
- Full fittings for new pupils usually take approximately 90 minutes.
We will limit the number of people in a shared and confined space. This will allow staff to focus on your child, guiding you through your child’s fitting and advising you on the School’s requirements.
- Cleaning will be carried out between each appointment.
- It will only be possible for one carer, who is the person paying the bill, to accompany one child.
- For families who have more than one child starting at the school the School Shop will contact you to make a double appointment at a mutually convenient time. Please do not hesitate to contact the School Shop on 01483 542102 if you have not received a phone call.
- Due to the social distancing rules we will be asking parents to assist the child with the fitting.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- It is important that customers arrive on time, as we may not be able to cater for any late arrivals due to the tight appointment system and cleaning requirements.
- If there is a customer already in the School Shop we would ask that you remain in your car, or in a designated area outside the shop, until that customer has left. There are reserved car parking spaces for customers at the front of the School Shop.
- Payment will be required by credit card on the day, unfortunately we are unable to place any sales ‘on account’ and prefer not to handle cash.
- The School Shop will be ordering the initial badges for each new pupil, but it is the parent’s responsibility to order the name tapes and instructions on how to do this are set out below.
- The School Shop will not be able to provide any refreshments so please do bring your own water bottle if this is required
- There will be a dedicated visitors toilet on the school campus.
- The School Shop staff will hand parents items for their child to try on. We would encourage customers to avoid handling other displayed products whilst browsing, if at all possible.
- We will use best practice regarding social distancing and hygiene. There will be hand sanitisers available and we would ask that you use this before entering the shop, following the good hand hygiene advice from the government. There will be signage displayed around the shop and visitors are requested to wear their own face covering should the Government guidance still advise.
- Please do not come to the School Shop if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough or a loss of or change in your normal sense of taste or smell). Please confirm, if you have had symptoms, you have either received confirmation of a negative test or you have fully complied with the government’s guidance on self-isolation for the required period of time. And please confirm that, if you have returned from abroad, you have complied with the current government advice regarding quarantine before coming to the School Shop.
- We request that you cancel if you:
- a) have need to self isolate
- b) are in a household that is self-isolating
- c) are feeling unwell.
- A reminder text/email will be sent automatically to you 24 hours prior to your appointment. There are approximately 245 new pupil fittings to manage over July and August and therefore we would really appreciate your assistance in notifying us if you are unable to make your time slot. If you are unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances then please do notify the School Shop as soon as possible so that the appointment can be released and an alternative appointment can be arranged for you.
If any of the above guidelines pose a problem to parents and pupils, then please do contact the School Shop to discuss your requirements.
For overseas pupils starting in the Michaelmas term, appointments are reserved for week commencing Tuesday 31 August. Anyone travelling from abroad will need to follow any Government guidance prior to visiting the School Shop. Please phone +44 (0)1483 542102 or email email@example.com giving your child’s name and age.
new sixth formers
Uniform: please refer to the Uniform page
Sportswear – All pupils will be involved with school sport
For 6th form boys:
- Compulsory for all: Tracksuit bottoms, navy hoodie, navy polo shirt, navy T-shirt, a pair of Cranleigh shorts (depends on the sport), Cranleigh hooped socks, House top.
- Compulsory for those choosing rugby: navy rugby shorts, bumblebee rugby shirt, mouthguard
- Compulsory for those choosing hockey: Shin pads, Mouth guard, hockey stick
- All pupils would need to bring to school: trainers (plus rugby boots or astro shoes depending)
For 6th form girls:
- Compulsory for all: Tracksuit bottoms, White hoodie, Polo shirt (white and navy), Navy T-shirt, Skort (navy), Leggings, Cranleigh hooped socks, House top.
- Compulsory for those choosing hockey: Shin pads, Mouth guard, hockey stick
- All pupils would need to bring to school: trainers (astro shoes depending)
New 6th formers do not require a school bag (if they already have a sports bag) and they may have their own water bottle, so that it can be distinguished easily.
Top-Up Fittings for Current Parents
We are delighted to announce that we have recently launched a new online shop for all current parents to purchase any top-up uniform or sportswear.
Top-up fitting appointments will only be available this summer for tailored items such as blazers, skirts/dresses that need to be fitted by our staff.
Please contact the School Shop by phone on 01483 542102 or email, and an appointment will be made on your behalf.
NAME TAPE SEWING SERVICES
The below seamstresses are available for name tape sewing for school uniform and sportswear. Please contact them directly to arrange this service as it is a private arrangement between the customer and themselves.
- Linda Hutty: 07919 050578
- Lucinda Cooper: 07912 659261
- Alison: 07787 132459