The fees at Cranleigh School from 1 September 2016 are as follows:
|Cranleigh School Boarding Fees||£35,370 annually.|
|Cranleigh School Day Fees||£28, 890 annually.|
A discount of fees is available for the third (20%) and subsequent siblings (30%) attending either the Senior or Preparatory School at any one time. For details contact the Director of Finance.
For all new pupils with effect from the beginning of Academic Year 2015/16 a subscription sum of £65 per term for a pupil’s first six terms towards life membership of the Old Cranleighan Society (OCS) will be charged. Existing pupils will continue to be charged £24 per term. In collecting these subscription sums and forwarding them to the OCS, the School is acting as agent only for OCS.
Click Here to download the Admissions Fees PDF or view the details in the sections below.
Certain additional charges stem from the wide variety of activities and facilities available at Cranleigh. In principle, any service or item acquired by a pupil for personal use is charged to parents. These include purchases from the School Shop, other items of clothing and equipment, materials individually requested or those used in products retained by pupils, medical and dental charges, optional trips/tours/holidays of a sporting, musical, cultural or recreational nature as well as miscellaneous items such as taxis, telephone charges, CDs, personal newspapers, dry cleaning and similar items.
The School is aware of its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 in relation to charging for reasonable adjustments. The School will consult carefully with parents about any adjustments that are required for the pupil to determine the level of support that can reasonably be made. The School reserves the right to charge any additional provision outside of this as an extra.
- Additional Academic lessons – £44.50 per hour (IGCSE English and extra-curricular Modern Languages)
- Learning Support and EAL (individual) – £36.50 (50 mins)
- Sixth Form text books (retained by pupils)
- Paper, exercise books, files, pens, rulers, etc. purchased from the School Shop
- Optional revision guides and subject-based magazines
- Academic trips, including field trips, exchanges, conferences, lectures, exhibitions, theatre trips, etc. (occasionally subsidised by departmental budgets)
- Design materials for Sixth Form projects
- Art – Lower School and Sixth Form workbooks
- UCAS Fee (Upper 6th Form)
- External Examination Fees
- Lost/unreturned textbooks and library books
- Team shirts when pupils opt to retain them.
- Some activities and sports may incur an additional charge if appropriate.
- Riding, livery and other standing charges are available on application to the Equestrian Centre. Other variable expenses such as Veterinary/Farrier/Tack are charged at cost.
- Day pupils’ voluntary boarding: £45.50 per night
- House takeaways and outings
- Special dinners (e.g. musical, sporting, Sixth Form)
- Culpable damages
- Individual use of library photocopier
- Fees Insurance (optional)
- School Mission for Social Service (optional)
- CCF/Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
Termly Instrument Lessons:
|Standard Lessons (30mins)||Extended Lesson (45mins)||Double Lesson (60mins)|
|Michaelmas (12 lessons)||£240||£360||£480|
|Lent (9 lessons)||£180||£270||£360|
|Summer (6 lessons)||£120||£180||£240|
- Theory per lessons (30mins): £20
- Termly School Instrument Hire: £42.50
- Instrument repairs
- Sheet music provided for individual use
- Practical and Theory Examinations (set by the board – details from the Director of Music)
For all new pupils whose parents have a UK bank account, payment of School fees is by termly direct debit, in advance. Please note that a separate direct debit mandate must be completed. For all fees not settled by direct debit (save those paid under the Advanced Fees Scheme) all fees and charges must be paid before the first day of term by bank transfer. Please note that the School cannot accept payment of fees in cash due to insurance constraints. Overdue accounts are subject to interest being charged as per the parental contract.
If the fees for any pupil remain unpaid at the end of the term in which they are due the School reserves the right not to permit the pupil to return to the School. The Bursar may also terminate schooling during any particular term if there is a consistent record of late payment. This will not terminate the liability of the parent or guardian for payment of outstanding or future fees.
The fees and charges shown are those presently in force. The Governing Body reserves the right to review them at their discretion at any time whether before or after a pupil’s admission. As much written notice as possible of alteration will be given.
The School is insured against accidents to pupils resulting from the negligence of its employees. The School arranges personal accident insurance for all pupils, which compensates any who suffer permanent disability whether at School or elsewhere, at home or abroad. Further details may be obtained from the Deputy Bursar. The School does not insure the personal effects of pupils; parents should therefore provide cover. Parents and guardians of all pupils entering the School are able to insure under the School Fees Protection Scheme to cover a refund of fees in the event of a pupil’s absence through illness during term time. School trips in UK and abroad are covered by group travel insurance.
A range of Music Awards are offered to talented musicians following a successful individual audition. Pupils can enter the school at any age, subject to a place being available, but there are significant musical entry points at 11+ and 13+, when children naturally finish at one school and consider their onward journey. Keen and capable musicians are warmly welcomed at all stages. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to make a preliminary visit or discuss the possibilities available for a potential music scholarship candidate.
Scholarship auditions take place at the end of January.
- 2017 11+ Music Scholarship Application Form (Updated Sep 16)
- 2017 13+ Music Scholarship Application Form (Updated Sep 16)
- 2017 16+ Music Scholarship Application Form (Updated Sep 16)
- Guidance Notes For Music Awards 2017 (Updated Sep 16)
- Preparing for your Music Award audition