The Cranleigh Foundation (Registered Charity No 1122918) has funded 1 or 2 Foundationer places each year since it started in 2007. It funds places for children who have had a difficult start in life, possibly suffered childhood trauma and as a result have a significant pastoral need and would benefit from the nurturing boarding environment at Cranleigh.
The Foundation is a fund which, over the coming decades, will build to a substantial endowment to support bursaries to provide a Cranleigh education for Foundationer pupils.
The ongoing support of Cranleigh is widely recognised at all levels within Children's Services.Surrey Virtual School
Guidance for applying for a Foundation place
Foundationer places at Cranleigh are for children who have had a difficult start in life, possibly suffered childhood trauma and as a result have a significant pastoral need and would benefit from the nurturing boarding environment here at Cranleigh.
Foundationers will usually be boarders, with entry at age 11 (year 7) or age 16 (year 12).
In the past few years the Cranleigh Foundation has supported
- children who have lost the support of one or both parents through exceptional or tragic circumstances
- children who have experience of the social care system and/or would be described as ‘on the edge of care’ or ‘looked after’
- vulnerable children with a challenging history and an unsettled home life
If you think that your child would qualify for a Foundation place at Cranleigh please complete the initial enquiry form, providing details of your circumstances. Each case is considered on an individual basis.
Expression of Interest Form (Foundation)
The School seeks the support of the community to continue to fund these life-transforming opportunities. Although some parents or guardians of Foundationer pupils might be in a position to make a financial contribution towards their child’s education, most will not, and the Foundation funds are built on the assumption that it will fully support all Foundationers.
The Cranleigh Foundation also works with the Royal National Children’s Springboard Foundation, a charity whose work is to identify looked after and vulnerable young people who would benefit from a boarding education, and match them with schools who can help those young people to flourish and reach their potential.
The Foundation is overseen by a board of Trustees. They are:
- Mrs Chris Allison, Head of Riding, Cranleigh School
- Mr Andrew Cronk (OC)
- Mr Christian Dellière (OC)
- Mrs Belinda Graham-Rack, Administrator, Cranleigh Friends
- Mr Nick Meyer (OC), Chairman of Cranleigh Foundation
- Mr Adrian Lajtha, Chairman of Governing Body, Cranleigh School
- Mr Nigel Smith (OC)
- Mr Graham Williams (OC)