The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), the Higher Project (HPQ) and the Foundation Project (FPQ) provide excellent contexts for teaching students across the full age range to learn more independently, to engage in individual research and to develop their skills in critical thinking and creative expression of ideas.
Dr John Taylor, who will lead the training day, has been at the forefront of this development. He co-directed the development of the EPQ prototype Perspectives on Science course. He has been involved in the development and implementation of the Extended Project Qualification and other project qualifications and for the past ten years he has supported schools and colleges through resource development and teacher training.
This day conference will be of interest to all those who are involved in teaching, or thinking of beginning, the Extended Project, the Higher or Foundation Projects, or other project-based qualifications.
The course is designed to support teachers in both primary and secondary schools, as well as school leaders and curriculum managers.
Questions that will be explored include:
• How can project work fit within or alongside other timetabled subjects?
• How can we use projects to promote independent learning in a system which prizes examination success?
• What are the keys to successful project mentoring?
• How can we best utilise IT resources to support project work?
The EPQ training slides from the conference held on Tuesday 25 June 2019 can be viewed below:
And the Seminar Questions can be downloaded here Seminar Questions
The course will run at Cranleigh School from 09:45 to 15:15
The fee per delegate is £200 + vat @ 20% = £240, made payable to ‘Cranleigh Enterprises Ltd’.
Tickets can be purchased using one of the following methods:
2. BACS using the following bank details:
Account No: 53458099
Sort code: 40-51-62
Account Name: Cranleigh Enterprises Ltd
3. By cheque payable to ‘Cranleigh Enterprises Ltd’ and send with the completed booking form to: The Conference Team, Enterprise Office, Cranleigh School, Horseshoe Lane, Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 8QQ
4. Alternatively if you require an invoice to be raised to your institution then please contact the Conference Team on 01483 542081 or email email@example.com
Please note that this course is managed entirely by Cranleigh School; it is not an awarding body training event and no awarding body is responsible for its content.